Thursday, September 1, 2011

welcome, september!

Have you heard the song, "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day? I'm not a huge fan of the song, but this past August made me think about it often... I kept thinking, "More like 'wake me up when AUGUST ends!'" The month of August dragged and seemed like it would never end. Between the crazy heat and my excitement and readiness for all things fall, I was ready for September to get here all ready.

So, thank goodness it's September 1! To me, September signifies the beginning of fall, which is my favorite season. I love fall because:

1. Cooler Weather
2. Cooler Weather = A Change of Clothes! By August/early Sept. I'm SO ready for a change of clothes... I'm sick of tank tops, shorts and flowy dresses. By this point I've given up on getting tan, so my pale skin is ready for jeans, sweatshirts and sweater dresses. Oh, and did I mention boots? I'm obsessed with boots.
2. Beautiful Fall Leaves - I love watching the trees turn beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. One of my favorite things is to drive down Ward Parkway and Lee Boulevard in the middle of October and look at all the beautiful trees and the leaves falling. Gorgeous!
3. Football! - I may not be a big football fan, but I love the tailgating aspect, and I enjoy driving up to Lawrence in the fall and hanging out on the hill with my family and friends before a game.
4. Pumpkins and Mums - fall is one of my favorite times to decorate (Christmas comes in first)... I love buying pumpkins to adorn the front porch, along with beautiful mums.
5. Fall Baking! - Pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin pie, apple cookies, apple streusel... YUM! Who doesn't love a good fall dessert? I also love fall cooking - chili and stew come to mind!


Those are just a few of my favorite things about fall. Even though it's just September 1st and it's still 100 degrees outside (ugh)... fall is right around the corner and I'm ready to enjoy it! Bring on the sweaters, boots and pumpkins!

What is your favorite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment