Saturday, October 13, 2012

Welcome to Lambert Life!

Welcome to the Lambert family blog, Lambert Life.  I decided to revamp my personal blog, Simply Sweet, and change it to a family blog to document our new life with Leslie, and share pictures. As much as I love baking, and enjoyed making and selling sweet treats, it was hard to keep it up through pregnancy, and now life with a baby. So, if you're a current follower - thanks for sticking around, and if you're a new visitor, welcome! We hope you enjoy our blog, and get some insight into the Lambert Life!

I'm not one to over share, so I'll try to not bore everyone with mundane stories, and endless pictures of Leslie. I want to use this forum as a way to keep track of memorable moments, funny stories, milestones and adorable pictures. When Leslie was first born, Brett and I talked about starting a blog. We kept saying we would get around to creating one, but just never seemed to find the time. Now, Leslie is almost seven months old and I'm finally sitting down and doing it! Realizing that it's already been seven months since Leslie's birth affirms that life flies by - time is precious, and someday I would love to look back on our blog posts and be able to return to these sweet moments in time.

As I just mentioned, Leslie is almost seven months old. SEVEN! Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe it... although I don't really need to because Leslie will do it for me. In the last few weeks Leslie has decided that it's fun to pinch/grab/scratch Mom and Dad while we're feeding her a bottle, or trying to rock her to sleep. What's amazing is that it hurts! This tiny little human is able to cause us pain with her tiny little hands. Okay, I'm thinking this is a mundane story, which I said I wouldn't do. So, on to something more interesting!

We experienced a milestone today... we lowered Leslie's crib. It had been on the highest setting, which made it super easy for me or Brett to lower her into the crib for bedtime or a nap (although naps rarely happen). We recently realized that since she's able to situp now, it won't be long before she can pull herself up, and then potentially fall out of the crib. Scary! And, yesterday Brett found her grabbing at the mobile, which is also dangerous. So, we decided it was time to play it safe and move the crib down. Of course we decide we need to do this as we're going through her bedtime routine... bad idea. Adjusting a crib is not as easy as it sounds, and when you're doing it in a room that's the size of a twin bed, it's almost impossible! It was quite comical watching Brett try to maneuver in Leslie's tiny room - he managed to trip over the fan/space heater, and knock over the wooden bird that sits on top of the bookshelf.  Once the crib was adjusted, it was my turn to put the bedskirt on (much harder when the crib is at the bottom level), drop the mattress in and then redo the crib bumper. 30 minutes after we started, we were both sweaty, the room was somewhat of a disaster, and we had a baby that was wide awake, completely entertained by mom and dad! I quickly cleaned things up as Brett fed Leslie, and luckily it didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

Moments like these make me stop and smile because I realize that it won't be long before Leslie is in a toddler bed, and then a big girl bed! It's like Darius Rucker's song "It Won't Be Like This For Long." I heard the song on the radio today, and it brought tears to my eyes! The lyrics of the song are so true - "This phase is gonna fly by, so baby just hold on. It won't be like this for long."

I don't have any pictures from this evening, but I will share one from last weekend... Leslie attended her first wedding, for Uncle Nathan and Aunt Kelsey! Leslie wore an adorable new outfit, and was a rockstar at the rehearsal dinner and wedding. It was a fun weekend, and we loved celebrating with the beautiful couple!


No comments:

Post a Comment